re: [teacherartexchange] Summer Art programs for Teachers--- try UArts in Philadelphia, PA

---------

mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 20:29:46 PST

Hi All, I highly recommend the Summer program called Continuing Inspiration at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. They offer 3 different areas in South Eastern PA,  Philadelphia, Bucks County, and Wayne PA.
See below that they will post the detailed info in March 2009.
I will be attending the one in Bucks County this Summer.

Christine Besack :)

http://www.uarts.edu/extension/3069.html

Philadelphia, PA: August 2009
Continuing Inspiration: An Annual Presentation of
The Professional Institute for Educators
A Summer Renewal for Creative Educators

Continuing Inspiration
Continuing Inspiration enables participants to develop the means and methods to enhance art applications and techniques for use in teaching and learning.  The primary source for study is provided by experiences in studio, complemented by art history lectures, museum and gallery visits.  Studio choices may include Printmaking, Jewelry Making, Painting, Ceramics: Throwing, Glass: Slumping, Digital Photography and Imaging, Digital Video, and Book Arts.   All course materials are designed to enhance perceptual skills used in the visual arts and improve instructional strategies directly applicable to educational curriculum, in various classroom environments.  Open to both art teachers and non-art teachers.

Summer 2009 information will be posted in March.

Questions, registration, or to join our mailing list:
E mail:  PIE@uarts.edu  or call 215-717-6092 .