[teacherartexchange] paying for NAEA 2009

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 15:02:50 PST

Hi all,

We too here in NY are in tough shape. I am going to beg tomorrow from my princpal and superintendent.....and do not expect to get much, if anything at all. Being a presenter helps....but Gov. Patterson just announced mid year cuts to education here ( money we have already counted on in the districts and 'spent")

One good thing is that part of the NAEA is during our spring vacation......but with things so tight, I will be trying to finance this as cheaply as I can....

Sad that we have to cut corners to participate in events that are a crucial part of our professional development.

Donnalyn in NY