[teacherartexchange] Top 50 Must Teach Artworks?

---------

From: Ronda Sternhagen (rsternhagen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 04:02:38 PST

I'd like to start a new thread...

An interesting internet link crossed my computer concerning "50 Works
of Art You Should See Before You Die". The list dates to December 7,
2006, and was developed by Jonathan Jones (art critic for Guardian)
and his readers of his blog. Of course, this piqued my curiosity as an
art educator. After exploring the site, it became clear that many of
the works that made this particular list were pieces that I didn't
recognize by name or even visually after seeing the image in either
print or electronically, and it stunned me that some of the images
that I deemed as significant didn't even make the list.

http://www.metafilter.com/56809/50-works-of-art-you-should-see-before-you-die

What artworks do you think "must be taught" to students K-12?

Ronda in Iowa