[teacherartexchange] NAEA 2009

---------

From: Ronda Sternhagen (rsternhagen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 04:00:09 PST

Woody and others,

I am so excited that my first NAEA convention proposal has been
accepted! I feel that I am joining the ranks of the great!

It's just a little session called "You Can Have Your Art and Eat It
Too!" It is a lesson that teaches palette knife painting using cakes
and frosting before moving on to paint. My students always seem so
'freaked out' when I tell them that we are going to do palette knife
painting next. They see how it is like frosting a cake, and then all
is well. The cakes are then auctioned off to benefit a community
organization. Service Learning at it's best.

Thanks for letting me burst my news...

Ronda in Iowa