Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] The Election

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 15:57:35 PST

I'm another art teacher who jumped into the fray during this election.
 It became very, very personal (on so many levels!) before it was all

Any time I saw a distortion or serious misrepresentation, I confronted
it. Every time I saw a lone voice of reason in a public venue, I
supported it. I posted comments on numerous news websites, to a
multitude of small town "letters to the editor" and volunteered at my
local campaign office. An Obama-Biden bumper sticker joined the
"COEXIST" sticker on my car. I made small donations each time I got
paid--first time I'd ever put political bumper stickers on my car,
volunteered or contributed to a political campaign!--and while my blog
wasn't all that "out there," or widely read, I simply couldn't NOT sit
by quietly:

I think most of us are realistic about the mess that Obama is
inheriting, but I'm one fired up teacher in a state that went blue for
the first time since 1964. :-)

To unsubscribe go to