Re: [teacherartexchange] The Election

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 08:02:11 PST

Oh, Woody, you know I'm jealous! Not a single county in Oklahoma went blue. We tried though. We had such a brilliant young man going against Inhofe to no avail. So now Inhofe will take off the leather jacket and work boots and leave the hay barn all his ads have been shot in, and put his lizard suit back on and get back to DC.

There was no celebrating at my school. Utter silence from the faculty (except whispered congratulations between the liberals amongst us). Today was our all-school annual Veterans Day "Freedom Assembly" with video, slideshows, Veterans, the band and chorus....not one single MENTION of having a new president. Amazing. It just makes me sad that so many people are missing out on all this heart-filling JOY that I am feeling. (cried when he won, cried when he spoke, cried when Biden's little mom came out on stage.....)

And as several of my old friends who are on Facebook are signing....

Betty Hussein Bowen

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator