Re: [teacherartexchange] Congratulations America - It is about ART

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 08:08:04 PST

No offense taken Kelly,

Yes - it is about ART, too. I never wore my buttons at church as I
knew there were many McCain supporters there. I did wear my Obama Logo
earrings this part Sunday (made by fixing Obama logo stickers to the
brass disks floating inside the brass O's. I bought the earrings at
Ten Thousand Villages to "doctor up" for the last week of the
election. I had many people coming up to me after church telling me
how much they liked my earrings - folks who never knew I was part of
the ground campaign locally. I read an article that rated Obama's logo
as the best logo design - article showed all sorts of political signs
etc (can't remember the source now).

Here is a New York Times article about the campaign buttons from this
year (art - and good design - does matter)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/weekinreview/02heller.html

The Republican Party won with the best button design (see "It's a Girl").

My hubby's school had a mock election (the Red vs the Black party -
school colors). They had to design their own logos/posters/etc (so
yes, this is about art). I am curious to find out who won (the Red
Party was actually the Democratic platform and the Black Party was the
Republican Platform).

I have been reading all the news articles about the praises coming
from countries around the world who are celebrating our election. (I
am retired, so have time to read)

Regards,

Judy Decker
Now from a BLUE State!