Re: [teacherartexchange] Congratulations America

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 07:10:20 PST

I cried all night -- tears of joy! I went to bed after ABC called it
just after 11 PM, but kept waking up just to make sure it stuck.
(Yep, I'm a Democrat... after 2000, I'm pretty paranoid around
election time.)

When I got to school, teachers were literally dancing in the halls,
crying, hugging.... it's such a beautiful sight. When we opened the
doors to let the students in, they were doing the same.

Do you know what gets me about this election? It's almost become a
cliche, so we don't think about it that much ... but it's all about
hope. Thousands of people made calls, knocked on doors, drove people
to register and vote, carried signs, blogged, fought smear
campaigns.... it's the PEOPLE who won this election. Not lobbyists.
Not huge corporate sponsors. This election was won by people who
fought hard day and night -- some of whom have never even bothered to
vote before -- because they have hope for this country.

I'm floored. I never thought I would see this day in my lifetime, let
alone on a day while my kids are still young enough that they will
grow up in a whole new world.

Becky
(a blue girl in a red state.)

--