[teacherartexchange] Visual Arts Contest Nov. 10th, Houston, TX

---------

From: Uchenna Ilobi (uche_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 10:06:55 PST

  11th ANNUAL WELLS FARGO VISUAL ARTS CONTEST
Art Contest Theme: íViva los Artes!

Contest Rules
Works on paper, including photography, are permitted with a maximum size of 16" x 20" UNMATTED. Matted artwork will NOT be accepted. Only one entry per student and one artist per entry. Students may submit artwork themselves or teachers can submit the students' artwork on their behalf. Please include the following information on the back of each artwork: title, student's name, grade, address, telephone number, and email as well as the school name and address, teacher's name, telephone number, and email.

Art Contest Dates & Deadlines
Friday, November 7, 2008
Fax art contests inventory sheet to 713-632-8127 or 713-632-8122.
9 am - 5pm, Monday - Thursday, November 10-13, 2008
Entries accepted. Artwork with entry form must be delivered or mailed in a portfolio/envelope to:

Society for the Performing Arts
Jones Hall
615 Louisiana St., Suite 100
Houston, TX 77002

Final Day to Submit Entries: 9am - 7pm, Friday, Nov. 14!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Artwork will be judged at Glassell Junior School, MFAH. Winners will be posted on S.P.A website, www.spahouston.org.

5:30pm, December 4, 2008
Award Ceremony & Reception at Jones Hall for art contest winners. Silent Art Auction of selected student works will also take place. Invitations will be mailed to winners and teachers.

Art Contest Prizes

Magnificent prizes will be awarded to students in various different categories. Senior contest winners will be awarded scholarships ranging from $750 to $1000. Winners in grades K-11 will receive savings bonds ranging from $50 to $500. All first, second, and third place winners will receive a museum membership. First place winners for grades K-11 will receive a scholarship to the Glassell Junior School, MFAH. All winners of the various categories and 15 honorable mentions will receive a gift of art supplies and tickets to Mariachi los Camperos de Nati Cano provided by Society for the Performing Arts. Four works will be chosen as the four covers of S.P.A's 2009-10 season program magazines.

For more information or to order a contest packet, call 713-632-8102
Or go online to http://spahouston.org/visualartcontest.asp.