[teacherartexchange] recycled art supplies in NY

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 12:21:10 PST

Greetings!

I am looking for some information and thought that maybe someone on this list could point me in the right direction.

I read something on this list a few years ago about a group in New York City that takes unwanted objects like buttons and yarn and fabric scraps (leftover from industry maybe? ) etc. and collects them for art teachers. I remember looking at the photos and they had barrels of organized supplies. Does anyone know the name of this organization or another like it?

We have a small sustainability group in my town that is interested in turning a historic building into artist studio spaces and I thought they might be interested in taking on some recycled supplies as well.

Thanks!

chris massingill in Central Arkansas

www.chrismassingill.com