Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: November 29, 2007

---------

From: June Covington (jcovington2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 07:30:26 PST

Here is a smile for the day... right in the middle of a particularly crazy sixth grade art class one of my more thoughtful serious members of the class came up to me (with a look of unhappiness on his face) "Mrs.Covington, is there such thing as an art-fart?" Silence fell around the room as I struggled to find an answer... he scratched his head and offered "you know, like a brain fart? I can't think of anything to do..." This lead to a great discussion of artist's block, which he did overcome by the end of class. Very appropriate since I am personally in an artistic vacuum right now. Hopefully, mine is just a fart and not a more permanent condition.

Made my day!

June Covington

tree&leaf gallery
http://www.cafepress.com/treeandleaf