[teacherartexchange] music

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 06:10:40 PST

I tell my kids that there is research on specific types of music that
promote and support creativity and good artwork. Also that there are lists
of such music (and I've seen some but don't specifically use that music). I
use light jazz, new age, "spa" type music. Most libraries have a good
selection of this stuff so you can try before you buy.

Although many of the rap-lovers don't get into any of it, the wordless music
provides a soothing background that isn't offensive to anyone. And on their
end of the year evaluations, they often mention that having the music in the
class is helpful to their concentration.

It's all in how you present it to them. Mine don't have a choice but to
listen to what I pick. They do just fine with it. They think it's for
their own good.

For holiday time, I don't think you can beat the original Narada Christmas
cd. It's an older one but still available...try Amazon.

Due to Florida's broad public records law, most written communications to or
from government employees regarding public education are public records.
Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.