[teacherartexchange] Michael A. Cummings - Quilt Artist (web site)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 09:07:14 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Sergio sent me this link...

Michael A. Cummings - Artist & Quilter
http://www.michaelcummings.com/
African American artist sure to inspire a lesson.

I really liked his work. See Jazz series, Butterflies, Haitian
inspiration and more
My browser said there was a pop-up - but when I clicked to allow the
pop-up I found it was an announcement about current exhibits.

Take some time to look at this site. Strong African influence - also
influenced by African American quilt makers.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/