Re: [teacherartexchange] another art title request!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 09:00:57 PST

http://americanart.si.edu/collections/interact/speaking_pics/images/
burchfield.jpg
http://www.thecityreview.com/s02sampz.gif

those are two Burchfield paintings - I love his work but perhaps you
may have
one by Emily Carr in mind:
http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/canadian/images/EmilyCarr-
Red-Cedar-1931-33.jpg
info on her is at:
http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/canadian/Emily-Carr.html

or this one by Alexei Jawlensky:
http://www.writedesignonline.com/history-culture/
jawlensky_storm_pine_trees.jpg
                                                        Woody

On Nov 29, 2007, at 8:36 AM, wendy free wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to find the name of a painting - early to
> mid 20th century, I think, famous enough to be in an
> art text book, really loud Fauve-ish colors...its a
> sort of mountainy landscape with a red and white pine
> tree that looks like an arrow, abstract/simplified,
> kind of in the expressive style of Burchfield/Rousseau
> but more German expressionist looking... Does anyone
> know the one I mean? Its the picture I see in my mind
> to plan my next lesson around but I can't find it!
> THANKS!!! :D Wendy
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Read My Blog: