RE: [teacherartexchange] Music for workshop

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 04:27:11 PST

I agree with the instrumental music - words are distracting to the kids.
I have a few soundtracks that my kids ask for often - Harry Potter,
Jurassic Park (still!)and Star Wars. During the holidays, my favorite
is Rameau by Bob James. This has been around for quite a while.
Electronic keyboard that sounds a bit like bells. Holiday sounding
without the usual Holiday fare.

Jan in Tampa

My students do well with light jazz. Funny how they
like it playing softly in the background. It has some
rhythm and a pleasant beat but not overpowering to
disrupt their thinking process.