[teacherartexchange] Music for workshop

---------

From: advocate (advocate_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 19:58:50 PST

Hello all,
I rarely post, but I read every post, follow most links and have learned
much, so
it finally dawned on me to ask the experts a burning question.

background;
I do a 3 hour themed workshop for 20 children the first Sat. of each month
for the school
year. The children are from 4th grade (lots of homeschooled) through high
school.

The first was Origami, the second, fun paint day (bubble paint, spray art,
watercolor
resist, impasto station (not oil) ... (I digress) and now it's winter art.
I have a paper-cut
snowflake station, group star project, papercasting ornament, cookie
decorating, hand drawn and colored
winter themed notecards... diverse, a little crafty but the problem through
all of the
workshops so far is...

The Music Question!!!

I want music but so far they have not liked what I have played. I don't
want dance-party
type music, they are wild enough (actually just kids) but I remind them they
are here to
learn skills. What would be focus inducing good music for a varied age,
group of really
fun kids to do art activities? (Was that a sentence?) TIA for any
brainstorming efforts or
the voices of experience.

Joanne