[teacherartexchange] Jeff Pridie is Minnesota Art Educator of the Year

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 05:54:33 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Kathy D. just posted this to TAB list.... Thought I would share it
with all of you since Jeff is a member of these lists, too. Jeff is a
valuable contributor sharing words of wisdom with all of us. He
teaches elementary and high school art at WEM Public Schools
(Waterville - Elysian - Morristown), Waterville, Minnesota.

From their school web site
http://www.buccaneerconnection.com/arteducatoraward.php

<<Jeff Pridie is Minnesota Art Educator of the Year

Published September 30, 2007, 9:00 p.m. CDT

Jeff Pridie has received the prestigious honor of being named
Minnesota Art Educator of
the Year, an award bestowed by members of the Art Educators of
Minnesota (AEM). His work will be celebrated during a luncheon on
November 2 at the organization's annual fall conference
held in Minneapolis.

Pridie has taught for 27 years, 24 of those with WEM. He teaches art
classes for elementary
and secondary students. In addition, he's active in the field of art
education, serving on
the AEM council and co-chairing the Youth Art Month event which brings
works of student
art from around Minnesota to the state capitol. At WEM, he advises the
High School Art
Club and is involved with the Music and Arts Boosters.

"Humbled" is how he describes his feelings about the award and honored
to represent his
fellow art educators. Since the announcement, he's received calls and
e-mails from many
former students writing to tell him what a difference he made in their
lives and thanking
him for his influence as a role model.

Pridie's art programs are leading-edge. His students go on to
successful careers in the
arts. He sees his role as facilitator-coach-teacher in a discipline
that teaches more than
the skill of drawing or painting. The arts engage young minds in
problem solving and the
process of creative thinking.>>