Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Marla Olmstead - 4 year old child prodigy

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 07:39:42 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Take a look at Marla Olmstead's work:
Marla is a child artist from New York whose works sell for up to $25,000 each.

Rebecca Burch wrote a news article about Marla.

From Rebecca:

I wrote an article about Marla Olmstead, the 4-year-old artist whose
art sells for $25,000 apiece (and the subject of the movie "My Kid
Could Paint That".) I originally wrote it for a newspaper art blog
because they're having a hard time getting people to write about
visual art, but it got published in the local paper -- on the front
page of the arts section!

Here's the link --

It kind of got edited a little, and they took out a line praising
local elementary art teachers, so I hope nobody gets offended. The
county I teach in has art teachers at the elementary level, but the
majority of the state does not. (My own children do not have art
Provide quality materials and children can make beautiful art!

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to