Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] hand animals

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 02:42:38 PST

How about comparing and contrasting it with Indian Mehndi painting
(designing with henna on the hands and feet)? Fascinating designs! All about
line and shape and pattern, not about illusion like the other hand
paintings. All of it fascinates me! (Both the henna designs and the animal
painted hands.)

For a studio tie in, perhaps you could cast plaster hands in rubber gloves
or on actual hands, and have the students paints in the style of their

Amy in TN