[teacherartexchange] Character Education - Caricature Video "How to"

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 07:50:36 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The other day, I posted Tricia Fuglestad's Caricatures Speak Out video.

> TeacherTube link:
> http://www.teachertube.com/uprofile.php?UID=349
>
> Here is the link to Caricatures Speak Out

> http://Caricatures.notlong.com

Here is Tricia's explanation how she/they did it:

The movie was made in iMovie on a mac with some extra plugins that I
downloaded for
about $30 from http://www.ezedia.com/products/eZedia_plug-ins/iMovie_plug-ins/
called ezeclip (allows you to easily layer video-like the lips-over the images)
and ezemotion (allows you to move objects around-like the
caricatures-as if they were
dancing)

The music was composed in Garageband. I put together the track from
finding music
loops from the library of music that comes with the software then the
kids stood by the
computer and sang to make an audio recording through the internal microphone.
The words are just the six pillars of character that my school endorses.
The six pillars of character education:
http://www.charactercounts.org/defsix.htm

It would be wonderful if you used Tricia's video.... but would be even
more wonderful if you made your own with your students.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/