Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Video/DVD Info

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 16:21:02 PST

Marsh

Wow, first of all where are the administrators? This
is not acceptable from a sub or students. The subs
need to be talked to and the students for sure need an
awaking.

When I have a sub students are given exercises or
notes to take that are due at the end of the hour. If
any materials are ruined they all lose points unless
the guilty come forward. This has happened once to
test the water and never happened again. They police
each other. We are a community of artist and as such
need to police each other in order for the mass not to
be punished. I also have the policy and make it very
clear that any mishavior for a sub can warrant being
removed from the class for the rest of the year. Art
is a required elective. I can elect them not to be
there as they h

I have had poor subs who have not followed my
directions and that is the last time they sub for me.
I make a point to talk to the principal and make it
clear the quality of the sub, positive or negative.

So suggestions would be have input on your subs and
hold the students accountable by measurable things to
be done when you are gone. Give the materials a good
percentage of a score to affect grades if not done.

Jeff (Minnesota)