Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Video/DVD Info

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 15:01:47 PST

I feel your pain, when I was out because of my stroke, the sub played
on the computer and made stock trades while my classes ran amok. I
came in to visit with a walker and was ready to hit him with it. the
kids were ready to quit and it was a mess. I was out 3 months. Tell
the school that you do not want this sub ever again! Next ask your
Principal's secretary for the inside scoop on good subs and ones that
follow your directions (they are not all bad) Give your detailed
plans and ask to be called at the end of the day to hear what
happened.

Funny, some subs complain about teacher's leaving no plans, then you
have great plans and directions and they still can't follow. Well
sometimes you understand why they are subs and not teachers. Maybe
ask for a retired teacher that is subbing maybe they will be better
at following your plan or not be intimidated by the students.

There is a great video on Picasso and Braque that I bought and used a
lot. As well as one on Impressionism. Look in the catalogs,They had
a false tear on the cover.

my two cents,

Ken Schwab
retired