RE: [teacherartexchange] Sony Bravia - Play-Doh animation commercial

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 16:24:34 PST

Judy,
Thanks for forwarding. Youtube also has the 'making of' the three of
the Sony Bravia commercials... they are just as interesting to watch -
especially the color 'fireworks' on the building.

I know it has been covered before about how to convert YouTube videos -
I have a ton of videos on my iPod (I don't have a 'smart' classroom, but
I have an iPod and cable).. I am not a techno savy person, so I
purchased the program TubeSock for $15... I paste the YouTube URL into
the program and it converts and saves to my iTunes library under movies
- I just sync to my iPod (I have an easier time doing this at home on my
Mac... but my iPod is set up for the PC at school... I have no trouble
when I manually manage my files)

You wouldn't think it... but I have found great videos on wheel throwing
in India (three examples of the same type of process - a buried truck
axle as the wheel) I have found great videos on dyeing African textiles
and weaving in Africa and Mexico... none of the video clips are that
long, but they are just enough to add a little something to the lesson.

So thanks for the Sony commercials - I can't wait to share with my kids
-

Ellen

PS - TubeSock works on other sites too - not just YouTube