[teacherartexchange] Sony Bravia - Play-Doh animation commercial

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 05:20:41 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I know many of you teach claymation... You will really enjoy this
video for Sony Bravia TV.
Go to Craig Roland's Art Junction to view it (yes - it is from YouTube).
http://www.artjunction.org/blog/

From Dr. Roland:
... here's the latest titled "Play-doh," which used some 2.5 tons of
the plasticine substance to make the 200 hopping bunnies seen in the
ad. What a great example of stop-motion animation to show your
students! When they whine about having to work slowly and take so much
time to make their movies, remind them that the "Play-doh" movie
required 40 animators working three weeks to create the 100,000 still
images used in the 60-second ad.

To learn more about the ad, see the Guardian (October 4, 2007). For
your added enjoyment, here's the "Making of the Play-doh" video.

I actually saw this video first on Art Education 2.0 - but Craig also
has it on Art Junction.
If you are interested in Art Education 2.0 http://arted20.ning.com/

Enjoy!

Judy Decker