[teacherartexchange] OFF TOPIC - click to give Free Mammogram (more charities too)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 04:56:50 PST

Dear Art Educators,

This site is "for real"

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donating
a mammogram' for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors /advertisers
use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for
advertising.

From the site:
Your click on the "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button helps fund
free mammograms for women in need low-income, inner-city and
minority women whose awareness of breast cancer and opportunity for
help is often limited. Your click is paid for by site sponsors, and
mammogram funding is provided to clinics throughout the U.S. through
the efforts of the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

I visited the other sections too and clicked (World Hunger - Literacy
- Children's Health - Animal Rescue).

Now to make this somewhat art related.....

Lots of neat Fair Trade items to purchase too (with a portion going to needs).

Altered Book enthusiasts with want the small book earrings (I am
ordering those). Cute little cloth doll ornaments from Burkina Faso
too (that I am ordering).

Please accept my apology for posting off topic.... My sister died from
breast cancer, so this is important to me. If she had a mammogram, the
cancer may have been found earlier? Women should not wait until they
are 40 to have their first mammogram.
My sister was 38 when the cancer was found. She died at age 40.

A church member sent me the link, I know it had been quite a while
since my last click. I will bookmark the site now.

Judy Decker