[teacherartexchange] art careers

---------

From: June Covington (jcovington2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 15:09:57 PST

Picking up on a thread from earlier: My son is a senior and going
through the college search process. He has always thought he would be
an engineer, but he loves design. He has been thinking he would need
to pick one or the other. Today we attended an information meeting
for Savannah College of Art and Design.

  Boy, was I encouraged about the direction my HS classes and my
students are heading. The school has a great promotional DVD about
the school AND Careers (in the real world) in Art. We were also
encouraged to look at the website; www.scad.edu

the presenters nixed the "starving artist" myth repeatedly.... I was
thrilled as a mom and as an art teacher-

June C
in Texas