Re: [teacherartexchange] watercolor tape resist - Isabelle Hope Grahm

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 14:32:55 PST

Dear Terri and All,

Check out the work of this contemporary artist - Isabelle Hope Grahm:
http://www.isabstract.com/
Her site was an award winning site for 2007.
Wonderful abstract pieces - lots of layering of colors (of course,
some I like better than others).

Here is a brief how to:
1. Use heavy watercolor paper - paint non-objective colors - explore
wet in wet - be loose.
2. Let dry
3. Tape off a design - suggest geometric
4. Paint more precise controlled painting over this - let dry
5. Remove tape

Isabelle has several examples on her site done this way - although I
don't think she use watercolors.

If you do a lesson using her work for inspiration, send it my way.

Judy Decker