Re:[teacherartexchange] EASY way to teach paper weaving?

---------

From: Jeannie (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2007 - 08:34:39 PST

I think it'll work if you teach weaving later in the year. In spring I
have them weaving rainbow clouds. The cloud is made with white 9x12
folded paper and slits for weaving are cut on the fold -- just 5 or 6
cuts. I have them weave in 7 strips of paper, the colors in order of
the spectrum (ROY G BIV), 1x12. It is a small project with an
attainable goal. Early finishers often add flowers of cut paper to the
bottom on the colored strips.

Jeannie in PA, k - 5