[teacherartexchange] List of Children's Books about Art and Artists

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2007 - 08:06:09 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I just looked in my folder on my hard drive... I have about 15 posts
saved up on this topic.

Here are two sources to add to you "must have" lists of books.

Children's Books About Art: An Annotated Bibliography
With Classroom Activities
(Dale Seymour, 1992) Barbara Ivy. ISBN 0-86651-553-4
A guide to over 100 picture books about art, artists
and museums. Intended for teachers introducing
elements of art to students and includes classroom
activities

For pre-school
Susan Striker - Young at Art: Teaching Toddlers Self-Expression,
Problem-Solving Skills, and an Appreciation of Art
There is quite a listing of books about art -- also
songs about art.
Books About Art for Children (48 page)
Songs About Art (45 pages)

If you don't want to purchase them - check to see if
your local library has them or can get it on library
loan.

Dr. Roland had an excellent listing on @rt Room (no longer online) I
will see if he can forward the list to us.

Judy Decker