[teacherartexchange] List of Children's Books about Art and Artists

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2007 - 07:52:59 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Pat liked the list of novels about art and would like to see a similar
list for children.
I know the list is long. I have never attempted to try to compile one.

Post author, title, appropriate age group and ISBN number (if you have that).

I don't know which list Pat is on, but will forward all of the responses to her.

I will start with Tomie dePaola, The Art Lesson - ages 4 to 8 - ISBN: 0698115724
This is a charming exercise in autobiography (one of several) by the
great author-illustrator Tomie dePaola. "Tommy" is consumed with a
passion for drawing. Although encouraged by his family, who treat his
pictures with respect and decorate their houses and workplaces with
them, he encounters misunderstanding and frustration at school.
Finally, an art teacher gives him a chance to do his own thing. (From
Amazon.com site)

If you have a brief summary - also post that. You can post links where
books are available, although I will not be saving those.

Getty list folks, remember to remove my address from your post when
you click reply.

Regards,

Judy Decker