Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] 2 Sculpture sites of interest - Public Art & life size figures

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2007 - 07:37:06 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Here are two sites that Sean Grigsby posted to Net Gold list that I
though would/could inspire a lesson.

Howard and Kathleen Meehan
Communicating the Character of a Place
Public Art Corporate Art - Private Commissions - Sculpture Kinetic
Art -Landmarks
Slide show presents maquettes, drawings and works in place. You can
pause the show to talk about the work - and can advance to next to
skip a work. Good site to use if you are doing designs for public art
Makio had his students make clay maquettes (models) of sculptures then
digitally inserted them into a setting around the school campus. It
was a very impressive lesson. I have seen others follow his lead.

Character Sculptor Jessica Geiger
Life-size figures are created with PVC pipes, paper pulp, air-dry
clays and other mixed media. Smaller pieces are usually made with
aluminum foil and wire armature covered with air-dry or polymer clays.
Finishing touches are added with acrylic paint.
Social comment figures.

To see the rest of his links - go to:

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to