Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Foil Relief Lesson Idea - Wax Crayon idea

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 08:39:41 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Here is an artist to connect to the foil/cardboard relief lesson
Michael Cellan - a retired art teacher

Lesson Plan:

Woody Posted his crayon workshop - non-objective design
For those of you who can not open the link, here is the process.
Painter's tape (blue masking tape) is applied to butcher paper.
Stencils are cut from tag board.
Crayon is applied to paper through stencils (coloring heavily -
building up layers) - paper is placed on newspaper "cushion"
Once page is filed, tape is removed revealing white lines (more tape
could be added and more coloring, too).
Finished work is polished with poly-fill.

Here is link to Michael's work (I saw one or two work that might have
used the stencil/tape method):

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to