Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: November 14, 2007

---------

From: Donna Pumphrey (dpumphrey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 07:15:38 PST

EASY way to teach paper weaving?

I just did paper weaving with my second first grade class. It again was rough. Our standard course of study says we are to teach this to first grade. They can get the first row, but then have trouble reversing the process for the second row. I use one color construction paper for the weft, then two different colored strips for the weave. It doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions???

Donna Pumphrey
Third Creek Elementary
Art
+ I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for.-Georgia O'Keefe

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---