[teacherartexchange] xhtml and ie (internet explorer) questions

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 18:27:05 PST

This is not an art education question. So skip this e-mail unless you
can shed some light on this issue.

It has come to my attention that the newer version of my Nvu software
builds web pages with xhtml rather
than html. Xhtml may be better than html but at least some ie
browsers do not yet translate xhtml. So I redid our
home page for the NMAEA website with a suggestion that people
download mozilla's Firefox browser. Our home
page http://newmexicoarted.com/ was created with my older version
of Nvu so it opens in ie. My newer pages
built with xhtml do not. So I suggested using Firefox which is a free
download.
I have it on my wife's PC. It works much better than the ie she was
having troubles with. I will continue
to research the issues with xhtml so I better understand what my
options are. Anyone on a mac would
never have a problem with xhtml and perhaps some newer versions of ie
can read it - I don't really know.

Can anyone enlighten me on this issue ? By the way I know very little
about building a web site by
writing the html or xhtml code myself and I don't wish to learn it. I
use web site generating software which puts
the code under the pages I build. Just like I don't know how my
computer does it's magic - I just use it
just like I use a paint brush.
                                                        Thanks, Woody

> These workshop pages were created in xhtml using Nvu software:
>
> Below are direct links to individual pages:
> http://newmexicoarted.com/2007/Workshops.xhtml
> http://newmexicoarted.com/2007/WaxCrayon.xhtml
> http://newmexicoarted.com/2007/PaperClay.xhtml
> http://newmexicoarted.com/2007/SprayPaint.xhtml