Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Help With Difficult Parent

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 13:40:23 PST

Hi Becky & Patty-

Here are some more jobs to consider.

E-learning. Creating interactive games in the forms of video games,
cd-roms, dvds, online modules. These can be broken down into
designers, programmers, content developers, writers. This field is
blowing up. This is what I do right now and the need is very high and
is becoming a normality for any company.

Think about it. Any large corporation has online training modules that
you MUST take to be in compliance. Who makes these? Are they needed.
Most definitely. You could work for the government or nasa making
training simulators....or even for a department store on how to use
the cashier system.

Digital touch screens. What about the supermarket lines where you
check out yourself? Who designs those interfaces? Many large buildings
have interactive touch screens as maps now. How about those awesome
science museums you go into that have all the interactive exhibits?

Every DVD has a menu. With cool interactive features, and special
footage, interviews. All of that is extra footage that is now created
specifically for conversion to DVD.

Video art. Watch the news right? What about those animated intros
every night and the graphics at the bottom of the screen. How about
any of the commercials we see on TV? A lot of them use a mixture of
motion graphics mixed with digital film.

Do you know that some video houses charge $300/file just to convert
one type of video file to another? Or to compress something?

3D-There are people that just paint background scenes for movies with
digital wacom tablets. That many textures on 3d models come from
photographs they took themselves and had to transfer and manipulate.

I used to work for an enginnering college. They used to design parts
in 3D and then print them out on a 3D printer to see if they created
the part at the right size. It was amazing! I know 3D printers aren't
too new, but the concept to me was so wild.

Some graphic houses charge $100/hour per change or $75 everytime they
email a file.

Companies spend millions on getting rebranded every year.

Art is embedded in so many things we do everyday.Its money spent and
jobs created and we don't even appreciate it most of the time.

Art as a career should be taken just as seriously as a prestigious
career as anything else.