[teacherartexchange] aluminum foil armatures

---------

From: robin phillips (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 11:56:35 PST

To everyone:

I just had an extremely frustrating day with my second graders! We are buliding aluminum foil armatures for papier mache. We used tape to hold the pieces together (masking and another heavier version called shurtape) and when they returned the following week to begin the papier mache, almost every piece had fallen apart! We spent all class trying to get them back together and get some strips on them so that it won't be so bad next time.

Does anyone know of another way to bulid an armature and gold it together? The aluminum foil is so great form forming the pieces that I hate to give up on it. Besides, I have two huge rolls of the heavyduty kind!

Thanks in advance to this great group who always seems to have the answers!

Robin in PA