Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Help With Difficult Parent

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 16:55:06 PST

That's a really good point, Patty. I get so sick everytime I hear the
phrase "those who can... do. those who can't ... teach." It's really
not true, but it is a good reminder that we all need to be on top of
what people are doing in art all the time. It's tireless work. We
need to be exhibiting our art, visiting museums and galleries, and
definitely staying on top of things in the Creative marketplace. All
this on top of all we do in the classroom!!! Teaching is definitely
NOT a 9-5 job, and shouldn't be. But it's the most fun job. Even the
challenges of staying on top of it all are fun, to me. I would be
bored to death just stuck in one job all day, but getting out and
seeing what people are doing in so many creative fields is like having
a new job every day. :)

Good luck with the 3-D animation and illustration course! Please
share everything you learn. :) That's a new direction for me, too,
and I have no clue what I'm doing, but learning is a blast.

Becky