Re: [teacherartexchange] Difficult parent

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 11:48:49 PST

Sweet! Thanks, Deanna. You're right -- the important thing is that
Max wants to be an artist and is prepared to live the life of the
artist (which often means making less money, having student loans to
pay off, and taking other jobs while you wait for the job you really
want to come open.)

I am prepared to talk to the guy about that, but thought that maybe
some facts and figures might be a way to get some discussion going
about the positive aspects of the art field for career-seekers. (Can
you tell I've been rehearsing? The guy is a lawyer. I'm already
intimidated.)

Anyhoo, thanks for the linkage. Regardless, I think Max is going to
do what he wants to do. I hope, for his sake, that we can do enough
cheerleading to get his Dad to at least accept this decision (or to
accept Max's right to make a decision on his own, which is a major
underlying factor, here.)

I'll let you know how it goes. Max is a tough kid, so he'll be
alright. I totally expect him to be the founder of the next Pixar or
somehting.

Becky