RE: [teacherartexchange] Question to High school teachers

---------

From: Dembrowsky, Maria (Maria.Dembrowsky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 09:41:25 PST

Hi Shauna,

If your students are looking for local programs there are several
schools to consider.

1. Hunter College (www.hunter.cuny.edu) offers well respected and
affordable BFA's and MFA's, they also have BA's and MA's in art history.

2. Purchase College(wwww.purchase.edu), located in Purchase, NY, is
another affordable school with strengths in the visual arts.
3. and of course, there's always Yale in New Haven. I'm not sure about
the undergraduate level, but students in the MFA program are given much
financial support.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to your students!

maria
Queens, New York

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.-----Original Message-----

Hello everyone!

My name is Shauna and I am a high school art teacher
at an all girls catholic school in the Bronx, NY. I
am new to the school and come from a more affluent
environment. I teach seniors many of who have been
asking me about art college choices, -- the catch is,
I need to think outside of the box and give a list
that has strong financial aid packages (clearly the
guidance program at my school could use a hand when it
comes to art school choices). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shauna