[teacherartexchange] Relief prints of Interest - Hildegarde Haas and more

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 08:54:54 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I found this in my drafts folder (it is a couple years old - but links
still work).
I don't know if I ever did post it.

Thought I would share it with you now as folks are often looking for
printing lesson ideas.

Hildegarde Haas
Exhibition of her work (two pages of images)
http://www.mleestonefineprints.com/exhibitions/haas1.html
While you are at this site - be sure to explore Elizabeth Catlett prints too
http://www.mleestonefineprints.com/exhibitions/catlett.html
More of her works:
http://www.mleestonefineprints.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?Catlett,-Elizabeth
M.Lee Stone Fine Prints - by medium:
http://www.mleestonefineprints.com/techniques.html
African American Artists:
http://www.mleestonefineprints.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?African-American-Artist

This page for Haas takes a while to load:
http://www.annexgalleries.com/cgi-bin/gallery-preview.cgi?Hildegarde-Haas
While at this site - take a look at the prints of Gustave Baumann:
http://www.annexgalleries.com/baumann-woodcuts.html

I can see her (Hass') multi color wood block prints inspiring some multi color
cardboard relief prints - maybe with a final print of linoleum in a dark
color as the key block.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department