Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Relief prints of Interest - Hildegarde Haas and more

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 08:54:54 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I found this in my drafts folder (it is a couple years old - but links
still work).
I don't know if I ever did post it.

Thought I would share it with you now as folks are often looking for
printing lesson ideas.

Hildegarde Haas
Exhibition of her work (two pages of images)
While you are at this site - be sure to explore Elizabeth Catlett prints too
More of her works:,-Elizabeth
M.Lee Stone Fine Prints - by medium:
African American Artists:

This page for Haas takes a while to load:
While at this site - take a look at the prints of Gustave Baumann:

I can see her (Hass') multi color wood block prints inspiring some multi color
cardboard relief prints - maybe with a final print of linoleum in a dark
color as the key block.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources