Re: [teacherartexchange] fabric scraps - Ohio Artist - Aminah Robinson

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 04:16:08 PST

Yes, I love the work of Aminah Robinson. I sure wish there was more of
her work on line to share.
I am happy to see that this web exhibit is still online (new URL from
when I last shared it)
http://fisher.osu.edu/art/robinson/robinson.htm

Art of Leadership - in Fisher College of Business at OSU:
http://fisher.osu.edu/art/index.html

Here are two of her RagGonNons (what she calls her pieced works)
http://www.freedomcenter.org/artists/aminah-robinson.html

This exhibit in Columbus was my Introduction" to her work (from 2003)
http://www.columbusmuseum.org/exhibitions/aminah/aminah_popup.html

similar show was in Brooklyn:
http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/symphonic_poem/

work at ACA Galleries- New York:
http://www.acagalleries.com/dynamic/artist_artwork.asp?artistid=112

Biographical info:
http://www.answers.com/topic/aminah-brenda-lynn-robinson

Catalog of exhibit is available - starting at $18.00 used:
http://www.amazon.com/Symphonic-Poem-Aminah-Brenda-Robinson/dp/0810945053

an interview - here her answers:
http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/multimedia/audio/2007/06/robinson.html

Thanks for posting her. If you do a lesson inspired by her work, send
it my way. I would love to have it on IAD.

Judy Decker