Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] help

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 07:34:19 PST

On Nov 13, 2007, at 7:37 AM, Debbie Nicholas wrote:

> I am working on my master's and this semester my project is on
> Feminist
> Art. I need your help if possible.
> If you have time please answer these questions for me.
        Read between the lines:

> 1. Define Feminist Art. Do you believe feminist art is any/all art
> made by a female or art dealing with feminist ideas?
I assume it is not simply art created by women but art with a message
related to the status or situation women find themselves in.

> 2. In the words of Linda Nochlin, why do you believe there have
> been no
> famous female artists?
I know lots of female artists.

> 3. Do you believe female artists are at a disadvantage in the art
> world?
Every field of endeavor has obstacles for women.

> 4. Do you believe female artists married to male artists have a
> tendency to let their art work suffer in order to further their
> husband's career?
As a friend of mine recently said: You have a wonderful life, You do
you want to and Frani does all the rest.

It is changing but it will always be that way for many. I lucked out
- I'm the guy.

> thank you very much for you help.
> debbie nicholas
> Texas High School