Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Arts Exchanges

From: Feldman, Amy (AmyF_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 06:23:52 PST

Try the Global Art Project for Peace

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Hasselblad Torres []
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:05 PM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Arts Exchanges

Hi TA Exchangers,

I am curious whether any of you have had - or would have an interest
in having - students exchange art work with others around the world?
I have seen a number of really interesting efforts to share art work
online, but haven't seen that many documented examples of an ongoing

The Global Peace Tiles Project is making an effort to cultivate the
exchange of murals around issues that young people around the world
face in their lives. These include HIV/AIDS, conflict, urbanisation,
trafficking, and others. These are pretty "heady" issues that map
best over global studies, social studies and related subjects for
older students.

I am looking for more open examples of "culture exchange" - ie
storytelling, sharing of cultural iconography and symbols, etc - that
I can build off of in developing curricular materials for the Global
Peace Tiles Project.

If you have any ideas, please take a look at http:// and let me know your thoughts!

Many thanks,

Lars Hasselblad Torres +