Re: [teacherartexchange] questions: high schools

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 17:31:00 PST

Margaret,

We are a small rural school K-12 Minnesota School.
The state requirement for students to graduate in
Minnesota is to have 1 credit in High School in an
Arts Area. In Elementary and Middle School there are
Arts Standards to be met to prep students for High
School. That is not particularly regulated by a set
number of credits.

In my Art Program at the High School level I have a
Semester of Studio Art (2 sections a year), Art
Technology (1 section a year), Art History (3 sections
a year). Students must take an Art History class
before they can take Studio or Art Technology.

I do not offer separate art classes like: Drawing,
Painting, Ceramics etc. because of our small class
sizes.

When I not teaching High School Art I teach Elementary
Grades of K, 3, 4, 5.

My Elementary is scheduled in the morning and High
School in the afternoon.

With Elementary and High School I see about 310
students a week.

Jeff (Minnesota)