Re: [teacherartexchange] Artists who use letters/text

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 10:38:34 PST

Hello Marta and all,

So glad you liked the Christmas idea. We actually did that (critiquing
Christmas/Holiday cards) as part of our study on Philip Yancey's The
Jesus I Never Knew. It was a very enjoyable activity. We learned a lot
from it.

Thanks for posting these two artists (links below) who use text. I
have a page in Incredible Art Resources on this topic.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/art-text.htm

Other artists:
Jenny Holzer
Barbara Kruger
Ed Ruscha
Robert Indiana
Stuart Davis (some of his works).

I will get the two artists you suggested linked up as well.

Getty used to how a great lesson on art with text (Davis was one of
the artists). However, when they re-did the site, that was one of the
lessons to go.

Judy Decker