[teacherartexchange] Let's Say Thanks (Thanks to our Troops - send postcard)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 07:46:46 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Brooke sent me this link:
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html

This is for real.... I looked to see if your students could submit
postcard designs, but apparently, the selection is complete?

From the website:

>> "The mission of Let's Say Thanks is to provide a way for
individuals across the country to recognize U.S. troops stationed
overseas. By submitting a message through this site you have the
opportunity to send a free personalized postcard greeting to deployed
servicemen and women.

The postcards, depicting patriotic scenes and hometown images, were
selected from a pool of entries from children across the country.

All you have to do is click on your favorite design and either select
the message that best expresses your sentiment or draft a personal
note. The postcards are then printed on the Xerox iGen3(R) Digital
Production Press and mailed in care packages by military support
organization Give2TheTroops(R)...."

Try sending a postcard yourself and see if you get this message:

Thank you for sending a message to the troops!
Your message has been put in the queue for a future print run.

Maybe your students could design their own cards and you could find
some one willing to cover postage to mail them yourself?

Just passing this on as I am sure that is why Brooke sent it to me....

Judy Decker