[teacherartexchange] What is Your Personal "Mission"?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 06:37:23 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Some homework for you for the weekend (chuckles)....
Think about your own personal mission.

I got to thinking about my own "personal mission" the other day when I
read one of Pam's student mission statements (on their Ning Network).
Here is Kathryn's Mission Statement (permission was granted to share
with you)

"Develop as an artist and an art educator who will be prepared to
create meaningful, engaging, and interdisciplinary experiences for
students by examining, reflecting upon, and refining the effectiveness
of my teaching methods based upon student needs and interests and my
own experiences."

Here are some tips Pam uses with her students:
http://artresourcesforteachers.com/files/ARE_200_Guidelines_for_Writing_a_Personal_Mission_Statement.doc
or http://MissionStatement.notlong.com

Pam's students are creating their Mission Statement in a form that
they can present in an electronic portfolio. Using technology is part
of the assignment. Those of you looking for a job right now, might
want to start developing your own electronic portfolio. How will you
shine above all other applicants? Do you have a CD to leave with them?
Have you created a website so you can share your URL? Do you have a
video?

(Getty folks, if you post a reply to this to the list, remember to
remove my email address from your post.)

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/