[teacherartexchange] Nancy Judd's Recycled Runway - link

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 05:37:56 PST

Dear Art Educators,

One of my favorite segments on Project Runway was the time they made
garments from recycled materials....

Well... Here is an artist with a whole show!
Nancy Judd:
http://www.colores.us/PulpFashion/pulpfashion.htm
" Nancy Judd's Recycle Runway, formerly Pulp Fashion, features
dazzling outfits that are the culmination of ingenious re-use...a faux
fur jacket made with endless loops of cassette and video tape, a dress
train made of origami junk mail fans sewn together like fish scales,
or an evening gown glittering with thousands of pieces of crushed
recycled glass. The show travels with the designer, who in each
community organizes and inspires people to respond to our
environmental crises with creativity."

I found out about this from Dr. Craig Roland's blog post on Art
Education 2.0 (ning network).
http://arted20.ning.com/
Art Eduction 2.0 is growing.... It is "A global community of art
educators exploring uses of technology"

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department