Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] OT: Students can make a difference - (letter from Pat Conroy - author)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 08:22:28 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I know this is a bit off topic (OT) as it relates to literature more than art.

Help your students find their "voice" when something upsets them.
One student wrote to an author whose books were banned from the high
school reading list.

Here is the author's reply:
Pat Conroy's letter about Nitro High's book suspensions
Author scolds censors, praises teachers and students
related story:

Note: A staff member from the Gazette had written to the author prior
to the student's email. The author responded to the email from the
student, but not the staff member.

Becky shared this with Art4Peace list.... and I thought I would pass
it on to you.
Art for Peace Group is growing.... To find out more about it - got to:

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to