[teacherartexchange] Martin Puryear Sculpture - Check Museum of Modern Art Site - Wow!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 06:27:11 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Sorry I didn't look on the MoMA site before I made my first list post.
There is a wonderful Flash presentation on the Museum of Modern Art site:
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2007/martinpuryear/flash.html
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2007/martinpuryear/
Look - see how Puryear has been influenced/inspired by African art.

Scroll through all of the thumbnails.... Take a look at the basket
woven work - might inspire a lesson.

Judy Decker